Instructions for Individual UNST Goals Reflective Essay
Each student will prepare an essay on the University Studies Goals as experienced in the BA 495 Business Strategy Capstone Course. The purpose of the Capstone is to serve as the culminating general education course at PSU allowing, students to apply academic learning to address a real issue in our community.
In the Capstone course students are able to demonstrate one of the main School of business Learning Goals – Integrative learning.
In addition, this course allows students to incorporate the four UNST Business Goals into both the individual and team assignments (Critical Thinking; Communication; Diversity, Equity & Social Justice; and Ethical & Social Responsibility). Descriptions of each of these learning goals can be found on pg.1-2 of the syllabus as well as Capstone Student Handbook.
In This Assignment Reflect on Your Course Experience Related to the UNSF Business Learning Goals
Address how the UNST Business Goals for Communication, Diversity, Equity & Social Justice and Ethics & Social Responsibility may have influenced your project. Use examples where ever possible.
To help you frame your essay, please consider the following:
- Imagine someone from PSU has selected you to speak to the four University Studies goals from your own lived experience in this Capstone class. What connections can be made between your lived experience in this course and the UNST Business goals with particular emphasis on the Communication, Diversity, Equity & social Justice Goal and Ethics & Social Responsibility learning goals?
- Consider how your team has handled working together, with the client. From the framework of the UNST Business Goals, what were some of the issues you experienced with your teammates & the client?
You may consider these questions and prompts to help craft your reflective paper addressing how you enhanced your approach to the four learning areas:
- From my own lived experience, how did engaging in the community project for this course enhance my abilities in the four goal areas?
- How have the structure of this course, the assignments, the tasks of this class, and/or our class discussions enhanced my ability to analyse community issues from diverse perspectives?
- How has my work as a team member given me insight into collective problem solving, communication, and recommendation formulation?
- How does this process of self-reflection enhance my ability to critically think about my beliefs and attitudes towards the real-world issues we addressed in this class?
- Have my own perspectives changed or evolved as a result of this Capstone experience? How have this perspective changed or evolved?
- Through this capstone project, have I been able to reflect on my role and responsibilities as a citizen to actively participate with others towards a common goal?
- How has the production of the inputs into the final project for the client allowed me to expand and practice my skills in the goal areas?
- How have the readings in this class furthered my skills in the goal areas? What new insights and understandings have I gained through the required reading of this course?
As you craft your essay, remember to write from your own experience with I/me/my language. It will be important that you generate your observations and experiences with detail. You can draw on frameworks from prior classes to shape your essay. As you write, ask yourself how do I claim this to be true? Be sure the content of your essay reflects those claims.
Formatting and Grading:
- The paper should be 1.5 to 2 pages, single spacing, 11 pt. Times in New Roman
- Grading: Rubric
- 5-point scale: Superficial = 1; Adequate = 2.5; Superb (insightful with examples) = 5
PLACE THE ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A PERFECT SCORE!!!